Genesis and Revelation with Dr. Daniel E. Woodhead
Daniel E. Woodhead is the pastor of Pentwater Bible Church and executive VP of Scofield Seminary where he teaches Biblical Hebrew and is the Dean of the Jewish Studies program. He has attended the Moody Bible Institute and Tyndale Seminary. He has taken Hebrew from Hebrew University in Jerusalem both on-line and on campus. He continues his studies at Hebrew College in their Jewish Studies program. He was a student of Dr. Couch and earned his MTS and Ph.D degrees through him at Scofield Seminary.
Find more of his writings at his blog, Doctor Woodhead, Theology in Perspective. Dr. Daniel E. Woodhead also has written a commentary on 1 Corinthians titled, "Practical Biblical Instruction For Living In A Hostile Culture" as well as a commentary on the book of Zechariah, "God Remembers Israel's Future"
Genesis Msg 1
This message provides and introduction to the book of Genesis and discusses pre-history of the universe Creation Day One. A discussion of the fall of Lucifer follows the introduction.
Genesis Msg 2
This message continues the discussion of the creation on day 1 with the formation of light.
Genesis Msg 3
This message continues the creation with a discussion of day 2 and the stretching out of the heavens, called the rakeah in Hebrew.
Genesis Msg 4
This message discusses the creation on day 3 with the creation of water, dry land seas and vegetation.
Genesis Msg 5
This message discusses the creation on day 4 where light is divided from darkness. It also discusses the signs in the stars.
Genesis Msg 7
This message discusses the creation of land living creatures on day 6 including humans.
Genesis Msg 8
This message discusses the creation on day 7 with a discussion of the Sabbath.
Genesis Msg 9
This message discusses the creation and its design. Evolution is refuted.
Genesis Msg 10
In this message we discuss the generations (toledots) authorship of ">Genesis and The Garden of Eden.
Genesis Msg 11
This message discuss the covenant or set of conditions the human race would experience based upon the sin that was not in the universe.
Genesis Msg 12
And God Created Woman
Genesis Msg 13
This message discusses the fall of mankind part I
Genesis Msg 14
This message continues the Fall of mankind Part II
Genesis Msg 15
This message brings the announcement of God's promise of a savior. We call this the Proto-Evangelium.
Genesis Msg 16
This message discusses the Adamic Covenant
Genesis Msg 17
This message discusses the effects of the Fall of mankind
Genesis Msg 18
This message discusses the world's first murder which Cain slaying Able
Genesis Msg 19
This message discuss the genealogical lines of Cain and Seth.
Genesis Msg 20
This message clearly demonstrates the seed line to God's Messiah.
Genesis Msg 21
This message discusses the generations of Adam.
This message starts the Sons of God which came into human women to cause the Nephilim.
Genesis Msg 22
In this message God judges the wickedness of mankind by bringing the Flood
Genesis Msg 23
In this message God's provides refuge in the Ark
Genesis Msg 24
In this message God commands Noah and his family to enter the Ark
Genesis Msg 25
This message discussed the Great Flood
Genesis Msg 26
In this message the Great Flood begins to recede.
Genesis Msg 27
The folks of the ark begin to depart
Genesis Msg 28
In this message the Noach covenant is discussed as it relates to all mankind.
Genesis Msg 29
In this message God discusses the covenant He made with Noah and the Sign He gave him.
Genesis Msg 30
In this message God describes the progeny of Noah called the Table of Nations
Genesis Msg 31
In this message we see the line of Ham one of Noah's sons and the introduction of Nimrod
Genesis Msg 32
In this message God introduces the seed line of Shem
Genesis Msg 33
In this message God continues to discuss and reveal the complete seed line of Shem.
Genesis Msg 34
In this message God reveals the incident at Babel and Nimrod's Tower.
Genesis Msg 35
In this message God describes His call to Abram
Genesis Msg 36
In this message God describes His call to Abram that includes the Journey from Haran.
Genesis Msg 37
In this message we learn of Abram's trip to Egypt
Genesis Msg 38
In this message Lot, Abram's nephew goes to Sodom
Genesis Msg 39
In this message God reconfirmed His covenant with Abraham and The Battle of the Kings.
Genesis Msg 40
In this message God introduces the special person called Melchizedek.
Genesis Msg 41
In this message God seals His Covenant with Abram.
Genesis Msg 42
This message begins the saga of Ishmael, Hagar and Sarai
Genesis Msg 43
In this message God discusses the token he provided for the Abrahamic Covenanant
Genesis Msg 44
In this message the angels appear to Abraham.
Genesis Msg 45
In this message Abraham intercedes into the situation with Lot and Lot backslides.
Genesis Msg 46
In this message God Destroys Sodom and Gomorrah & The Origin of Ammon and Moab.
Genesis Msg 47
In this message we find Abraham sinning at Gerar.
Genesis Msg 48
In this message the promise son Isaac is born and Ishmael is expelled.
Genesis Msg 49
In this message God discusses the Covenant at Beersheba and the Akedah
Genesis Msg 50
In this message God reconfirms His Covenant with Abraham and we see the death of Sarah.
Genesis Msg 51
In this message God describes the importance of the cave at Machpelah and How Isaac gets a bride.
Genesis Msg 52
In this message God continues the process of getting a special bride for Isaac.
Genesis Msg 53
This message Continues the saga of God Providing the perfect wife for Isaac.
Genesis Msg 54
In this message God passes the Abrahamic Covenant to the Special Son Isaac.
Genesis Msg 55
In this message we see the dynamics surrounding the birth of the twins, Jacob & Esau.
Genesis Msg 56
In this message we see the Sin of Isaac
Genesis Msg 57
The Struggle for the wells.
Genesis Msg 58
Transition of the Blessing Part I
Genesis Msg 59
Transition of the Blessing Part II
Genesis Msg 60
In this message Jacob flees to Haran
Genesis Msg 62
In this message we begin the discussion of the sons of Jacob.
Genesis Msg 63
In this message god Provides Jacob with many material blessings.
Genesis Msg 64
In this message we see God directing Jacob to Bethel.
Genesis Msg 65
In this message Laban Confronts Laban.
Genesis Msg 66
In this message we see the contract that Jacob enters into as well as Sending a message to Esau his brother.
Genesis Msg 67
God changes Jacob's name to Israel and he finally meets Esau.
Genesis Msg 68
In this message the terrible incident of Dinah's rape and Jacob's sons vengeance.
Genesis Msg 69
In this message Jacob goes to Bethel and Rachel and Isaac die.
Genesis Msg 70
In this message the Lord gives us the Toldot (Generations) of Esau.
Genesis msg 71
This message introduces Jacob's favorite son, Joseph the Dreamer.
Genesis Msg 72
In this message Joseph is sold into slavery be his brothers.
Genesis Msg 73
In this message God gives us the strange case of Judah and Tamar.
Genesis Msg 74
In this message Joseph becomes the manager of Potiphar Pharaoh's chief executioner's house.
Genesis Msg 75
In this message Joseph is in prison charged with rape of Potiphar's house.
Genesis Msg 76
In this message Joseph who knows dreams is called to Pharaoh to interpret his dreams.
Genesis msg 77
In this message due to his divine ability to interpret dreams, Joseph is elevated to become prime minister of Egypt.
Genesis Msg 78
In this message due to the massive world-wide famine Joseph's brothers come to Egypt for food.
Genesis Msg 79
In this message Joseph's brothers who now have food return to Israel with the food.
Genesis Msg 80
In this message Joseph's brothers who now have food return to Israel with the food Part II
Genesis Msg 81
In this message after all these meetings Joseph finally reveals himself to his brothers.
Genesis Msg 82
In this message Pharaoh extends and Invitation to Jacob's family to come to Egypt
Genesis Msg 83
In this message Jacob and his family move to Egypt to begin the 400 year term prophesied by God to Abraham.
Genesis Msg 84
In this message Pharaoh welcomes Israel and his family to Egypt. The famine is now at its worst.
Genesis Msg 85
Jacob Blesses Joseph's sons Ephraim and Manasseh.
Genesis Msg 86
In this message Jacob begins to prophecy over his twelve sons, part I
Genesis Msg 87
In this message Jacob continues to prophecy over his twelve sons, part II
Genesis Msg 88
In this message Jacob continues to prophecy over his twelve sons, part III
Genesis Msg 89
In this message Jacob dies and his elaborate funeral is discussed.
Genesis Msg 90
In this final message of the book of Genesis Joseph dies thus ending the first phase of the beginnings of the nation Israel.
- Times of the Gentiles (Part 1)
- Times of the Gentiles (Part 2)
- Times of the Gentiles (Part 3)
- Times of the Gentiles (part 4, conclusion)
- Revelation 2-3, The Things Which Are - Introduction
- Revelation 2:1-17, This lesson begins the Seven Churches of Asia and includes Ephesus, Smyrna & Pergamum.
- Revelation 2:18-3:6, The Churches of Thyatira and Sardis
- Revelation 3:7-14, The Church of Philadelphia and Introduction to Laodicea
- Revelation 3:15-22, The Apostate Church Laodicea Concluded
- Rapture, Resurrection and the Church
- Part I This is the first of three lessons on the Rapture and resurrection of Church Age believers just before the events in the throne room of God preceding the Tribulation.
- Part II The second in a series of three lessons in the Parenthetical exposition of the Church, the Rapture and the Resurrection. It follows the letters to the seven churches of Asia Chapters 2 & 3 and precedes the events of the throne room of God in Chapters 4 and 5.
- Part III This third lesson completes the three part exposition of the parenthetical exposition of the Rapture of the Church, Defining the Church and discussion of the Resurrection.
- This is the last in the pre-throne room exposition of Revelation. Discussed in this lesson is the Bema Seat Judgment as well as Rewards
- The Throne Room of God
- Revelation 4:1-4 The Apostle John is lifted up to the Throne Room of God. For two chapters he observes all the characters implementing the Great Tribulation. In chapter 4 the focus is on God the Father; in chapter 5, the focus is on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Revelation 4:5-5:4 God implements the Great Tribulation. This lesson begins the transfer of authority from God the Father to God the Son.
- Revelation5:5-14 The Lord Jesus is our Goel. He is our Kinsman Redeemer who is the only one qualified to take the scroll which is the title deed to the earth.
- This study demonstrates that the Old Testament described the Great Tribulation in detail
- This lesson begins to unfold the Great Tribulation. The first seal of the scroll gets opened and the first of the four horsemen of the apocalypse goes forth. This is the Antichrist.
- Revelation 6:3-8 The Lord is opening the seals and the Horsemen of War, Famine & Pestilence go forth to harm the earth.
- Revelation Chapter 6 shows the Lord Jesus opening the seals on the scroll. Here we discuss the opening of the 5th and 6th seals
- The 144,000 Jews 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes are anointed to conduct the greatest evangelization effort the world has ever seen.
- Revelation 8:1-6 This section, the Seventh Seal, introduces the next seven calamities on the earth brought forth by seven Trumpets.
- Revelation 8:5-9:11 The first five trumpets describe additional doom for the earth. The first woe clearly demonstrates that demonic world is released to harm the earth.
As the first five trumpets are open we see the Second Woe Judgment and the Demonic World's Appearance
In this message we are introduced to the Two Witnesses and Ecclesiastical Babylon
In this message we see the Angel of Jehovah and The Little Book
- The Tribulation Temple
In This Lesson we see the Tribulation Temple, We also study the Dome of the Rock.
- The 2nd Worldwide Conflict
In this lesson we see the second worldwide conflict as well as the Killing of the Antichrist and we see Satan cast down to earth.
- The Resurrection of the Antichrist
In this lesson we see the resurrection of the Antichrist-Three Kings are killed making way for the last seven to submit to the Antichrist and we also see the destruction of Ecclesiastical Babylon.
- The Work and Death of the Two Witnesses
In this lesson we see the ministry and death of the two witnesses. We also see the worshiping of the Antichrist and an exposition of the False Prophet.
- The Mark of the Beast 666
In this lesson we seek to identify the Mark of the Beast from what is revealed in Scripture. It is stated as 666.
- The Seven Year Covenant is Broken
In this lesson we see the 7 year covenant the Antichrist has made with Israel is broken and the Abomination of Desolation is set up in the Temple.
- The Persecution of the Jews : Jews have been persecuted throughout human history by Satan because they are God's people. These 13 lessons will culminate with the worst persecution ever as 2/3 of all Jews will die under Antichrist's reign.
- The Persecution of the Jews (1 of 13)
This lesson focuses on the Oppression in Egypt.
- The Persecution of the Jews (2 of13) Here we see the Amorites defeating the Jews at Ai.
- The Persecution of the Jews (3 of 13)
An Angel of the Lord leaves false gods in Israel to snare the Jews at Bochim.
- The Persecution of the Jews (4 of 13) Here the Midians oppress them, the Philistines, the Ammonites put them into slavery.
- The Persecution of the Jews (5 of 13) Saul's folly and The Assyrians
- The Persecution of the Jews (6 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 6 Babylonian Captivity
- The Persecution of the Jews (7 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 7 Greece under Antiochus and The Romans under Pompey
- The Persecution of the Jews (8 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 8 under the Herods, Rome of 70 AD and again in 132 AD
- The Persecution of the Jews (9 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 9-Theodosius, Byzantine, Crusades, England and France.
- The Persecution of the Jews (10 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 10 Spain, Portugal and Russia
- The Persecution of the Jews (11 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 11-Nazi Germany
- The Persecution of the Jews (12 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 12-Hungary and the Soviet Union under Stalin
- The Persecution of the Jews (13 of 13)
The Persecution of the Jews part 13- Arab-Muslim persecutions
- The Persecution of the Jews (1 of 13)
- End of Mid-Tribulation events
Antichrist Attacks the Jews: 1st Bowl Judgment
- The 2nd half of the Great Tribulation starts with the first bowl judgment. Judgment on those who took the mark of the Beast, 666.
- The 2nd half of the Great Tribulation continues with Bowl Judgments 2-5 The world's water turns to blood and there is a total world-wide blackout.
The Jews in the Tribulation including the 144,000 Evangelists
The City of Refuge where Jewish Tribulation Believers will flee
The Campaign of Armageddon and Babylon
The Second Stage of the Campaign of Armageddon (message 56)
The Third Stage of the Campaign of Armageddon
- The Fourth Stage of the Campaign of Armageddon At the end of the Great Tribulation within the Campaign of Armageddon an Angel implores people to come out of Babylon. That government system will be discussed
- The Fifth Stage of the Campaign of Armageddon The fifth stage of the campaign of Armageddon sees the 5 aspects of the Babylonian economy, corruption, enslavement of the souls of men, souls lusting after material things, richness and deception.
- Jeremiah warned the Jews of the Babylonian corruption and the Regeneration of Israel starts
- The Destruction of Babylon During the Campaign of Armageddon Babylon is destroyed. Further data regarding Israel's regeneration is presented.
- The Fall of Jerusalem In the Final Stages of the campaign of Armageddon Jerusalem falls to the armies of the Antichrist. This message discusses the characteristics of those events.
- Campaign of Armageddon I In this message the Campaign of Armageddon has progressed to the point where the nation Israel is requesting that God save them.
- Campaign of Armageddon II In this message the Campaign of Armageddon has progressed to the point where the nation Israel finally know who their Messiah is, The Lord Jesus.
- Christ's Second Coming This message describes the place of Christ's Second Coming
- The Manner of Christ's Second Coming Revelation Scofield Msg 66 The Manner of Christ's Second Coming
- Conclusion to the Second Coming In This Message we see the conclusion to the Second Coming of Jesus the Christ
- The Final Battle The Final Battle takes Place from Bozrah and continues on to the Valley of Jehoshaphat
- Christ's Victory Assent Revelation Scofield Msg 69 Christ's Victory Assent on the Mount of Olives & Introducing the 75 Day Interval.
- The 75 Day Interval Revelation Scofield Msg 70 The 75 Day Interval Continued
- The Resurrection This message discusses the resurrection of the OT and Tribulation Saints.
- The End of the 75 day Interval This message discusses the end of the 75 day Interval and The Marriage Supper of the Lamb
- The Existence of the Future Millennium This message discusses the factual truth regarding the existence of the future Millennium
- General Characteristics of the Millennium Part 1 This message discusses the General Characteristics of the Millennium Part 1
- Additional Characteristics of the Millennium Part II This message presents additional Characteristics of the Millennium Part II
- General Characteristics of the Millennium Part II This Message Continues with General Characteristics of the Millennium Part II
- The World Wide Government during The Millennium In this message God discusses The World Wide Government during The Millennium
- The Jewish Division of the Government I In this message God discusses the Jewish Division of the Government during the Millennium
- The Jewish Division of the Government II This message continues to discuss The Jewish division of the government in the Millennium
- The Kingdom Revelation Scofield 80 The people Who Go Into the Kingdom
- The regathering of the nation Israel, Scofield msg 81
- The Nation Israel finally gets the land promised to Abraham
- The Davidic Throne is reestablished
- Some General Characteristics of the Restoration of Israel
- The Mountain of Jehovah's House in the Millennium
- God's Millennial Temple is discussed in this lesson
- In this message the Restored sacrificial system during the Millennium is discussed
- In this message God discusses the Millennial River and the Nation Israel
- This message shows the city of Jerusalem during the Millennium
- This message shows the position of The Arab Nations in the Millennium Part I
- This message discusses The Judgment of the Arab Nations Part II
- This message views the conclusion of the Arab nations judgment
- This message is a discussion of The Antichrist and his demise
- This message discusses The Eternal Order
- In this message God Provides a The Final Recap and Review of The Revelation