THE ECONOMY: OUT OF GOD'S WILL
by Dr. Mal Couch
America and the world is certainly violating God’s economic guidelines. Here in America we are doing the opposite of what the Bible says, and we are living contrary as to how past generations operated economically. William Boetcke in 1916 wrote:
- You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
- You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
- You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
- You cannot further the collective state of man by inciting class hatred.
- You cannot build character and courage by taking away man’s initiative and independence.
- You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
- You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
- You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
- You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
- You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themselves.